Registered for The Match?! Awesome. You are a part of a juicy experiment in strengthening the networks that already exist between the Social + Creative sectors! Here's a few pointers to ensure you get the most out of the event...
1. Practice Makes (Pitch) Perfect. In 6 minutes you will talk about your company's mission, or your artistic practice. You will listen, too. Here's a handy framework:
- What is your call to action? WHY do you do what you do? (This may be philosophical or personal)
- What is your approach? HOW do you do what you do?
- WHAT exactly do you do?
("Why-How-What" Distilled from : http://www.ted.com/talks/simon_sinek_how_great_leaders_inspire_action.html)
2. It's An Idea Potluck...Bring Something To The Table. Is your organization working on a campaign, project or strategy that would benefit from: visual art? a benefit performance? a promotional video series? a story circle? Does your artistic practice lend itself to telling a great story (through pictures, written word, music, movement)? How?
3. It Takes Two To Make A Dream Go Right! This is an opportunity for you to create a new framework and context for engaging with Artists or Organizations. 6 months from now what will have been created because you dreamt out loud?!
4. Leave Something Behind. There may be more to uncover after your 6 minutes is up. Exchange business cards, Twitter handles, your favorite quotes... something.
(Here's a pretty cool re-cap of our inaugural Match in March from our photographer, Gee James.)